- What information does Farmside collect?
- How does Farmside use your information?
- Disclosing your personal information
- Protecting your personal information
- Using Products and services outside New Zealand
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Internet use
- Your choice and rights
Farmside is committed to protecting your personal information and acting in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and the Telecommunications Information Privacy Code 2020 in relation the personal information that you supply when, for example, you become a customer, activate a new service, or request a change to an existing Farmside Service.
This policy is provided for your information and to help you understand how we collect, use, and protect your information when you visit our website and use our products and services, for example broadband, mobile, landline and MyFarmside it doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 2020 or the Telecommunications Information Privacy Code 2020.
You don’t need to be a Farmside customer for this Policy to apply, any personal information you provide us or that we collect when you interact with us or use our products and services. For example, when you:
- Contact us, either by phone, email or complete an online form on our website to enquire about our products and services.
- Engage with us using social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Chat on our website.
- Enter a competition or promotion.
- Use our services that are paid for by another person in your household, or your employer pays for the service, or you are the authority for someone else’s account.
If you want to request access to or a correction of your personal information, or have a privacy-related query, please complete this form and get in touch with us by emailing PrivacyOfficer@farmsideltd.co.nz. We will contact you to verify you are the person to whom the personal information relates to.
1. What information does Farmside collect
We will collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Signup up to become a Farmside customer (either over the telephone, online or by completing an application or registration form),
- Call us (or when we call you), or you communicate via email, online chat sessions or social media,
- Visit our website,
- Use our products and Services,
- Pay for our products and services,
- Complete an online form, for example to request information or a call back,
- Enter our competitions or promotions,
Your “personal information” can include, for example:
- Your name, title, address, date of birth,
- Contact details, telephone numbers, and email addresses,
- Identification documents – drivers’ licence or passport,
- Payment information – credit card or bank account details,
- Verification information and security details such as your security questions and responses,
- Relevant medical conditions when using our Digital Voice (VoIP) service and seeking Vulnerable Consumer status for you or a member of your household,
- Residency or housing status – own or rent, rural or urban,
- Use of the service – residential or business, holiday home.
From time to time, we may collect and store your personal information indirectly, for example by monitoring visitors to our websites, and through our network systems. This may include:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, these are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them withing the global network. We collect and manage IP Addresses as part of the services of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
- information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of calls or messages, the numbers you call, how much you spend).
- information on you and the data usage, browsing and viewing activity that happens while you use internet services.
- Information collected by “cookies”,
- including the internet sites and pages visited, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the dates and times you or anyone using your internet services logs on and off, the location of your mobile phone, lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to the use of our products and services.
- We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.
- Most browser technology (such as Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, etc) allows you to choose whether to accept cookies or not – you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a website tries to set a cookie. You do not need to have cookies turned on to access our sites, but you may need them for customisable areas of the site that we may develop in the future, or to access and benefit from certain functionality offered by the site.
- If you do not want your usage on our website tracked, you can change your browser settings to ensure cookies are disabled. See Section 8 for further information.
2. How does Farmside use your information?
We will only use personal information we collect from or about you for the purposes of conducting our business, including to:
- supply you with products and Services and keep you informed about aspects of our products and Services that may be of interest to you,
- processing and evidencing your application form and making a credit assessment,
- providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account,
- provide customer service support (dealing with your requests, enquires or complaints and other customer care related activities, marketing), and to communicate special offers and promotions, and assess customer satisfaction,
- bill you, collect debts, and enforce your obligations under this Agreement,
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us,
- carrying out market and product analysis, and improvements to our products and services,
- to comply and/or carryout any activity in connection with our legal obligations, governmental or regulatory requirements including in connection with the regulation of telecommunications services, legal proceedings, crime or detection or prevention or prosecution,
- provide direct marketing and to assess customer satisfaction,
- provide customer service support, marketing, and to communicate special offers and promotions, and assess customer satisfaction,
- contacting you about our parent company One New Zealand Group Limited (One NZ) products and services, and the products and services of carefully selected third parties (for example credit checking agencies, or local fibre companies) which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to),
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our parent company loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes,
- carrying out activities in connection with the running of our business such as personal training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer,
- generally customising your experience on our sites,
3. Disclosing your personal information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties (some of which may be based outside of New Zealand). If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- Other Network Operators so you can make and receive calls through other networks, so we can transfer numbers from one network to another, and to monitor or investigate fraud or other offences.
- Persons to whom we are required by law to provide your personal information, such as the police and other law enforcement agencies, emergency services and regulatory authorities.
- our dealers, billing partners, agents, contractors (including our installers and technicians) and advisers, and credit reference agencies.
- network providers and other suppliers who assist us to supply products and services to you (for example, where you receive our Services via a Fixed Line enabled landline, we must provide your contact, address, email, and Plan details to the network providers to enable provisioning, moves, additions or changes of broadband services over that line).
- potential or existing marketing, survey, or business partners, who will be required to enter into appropriate confidentiality undertakings if the relationship does not proceed.
- potential or actual purchasers of our business, who will be required to enter into appropriate confidentiality undertakings if the purchase does not proceed;
- our parent company who may use and disclose your information for the same purpose as us.
- credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name.
- debt collection agencies or companies, in order to collect any money owing by you in respect of an unpaid Farmside bill.
- if someone else pays you bill, such as your employer, that person.
- those providing telephone and similar directories or directory enquiry services and other such publicly available databases and publications, except where you have specifically directed us not to.
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or potential customer.
- anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the Farmside networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities.
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our parent company, where your information is processed.
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, government or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services.
- other service providers in relation to a service used through our network to allow that service to be charged to you.
- aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers, customers, potential customers, and partners.
- any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 2020 and/or the Telecommunications Information Privacy Code 2020, including with your prior authorisation which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
- other people who you specifically request we share your account information with (for example, by you ‘authorising’ them on your account, by you sharing access via ‘MyFarmside’, or where you are the bill-payer/person responsible for paying the bill on an account with more than one connection, and you have not opted-out other end users of connections you pay for/on the account from receiving bill payment reminders regarding the account).
We may also disclose information about our customer base to third parties that is of a generic nature, such as overall customer demographics, trends, interests and buying patterns. This information will not identify any individual.
Except as provided in this Agreement, we will not disclose, sell, or lend your personal information to other companies or persons who are not part of our business group without prior permission from you, except as part of the sale of any part of our business. We may refer to you as a user of our Services, but otherwise all details of Services provided to you (or account information) shall be kept confidential both by you and us.
4. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, or disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, loss, modification, or disclosure. Our website uses HTTPs SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to apply an encrypted layer to all requests to and from farmside.co.nz.
If you choose caller-ID restriction or withhold, we will prevent your number being shown on any receiver. Your number may still be displayed to emergency or other services, when you send a TXT message and to us. Where you do not choose to use caller-ID restriction or withhold, your number may be displayed to the person you have called or sent a message to.
5. Using Products and services outside New Zealand
If you wish to use our products or services outside New Zealand, your information may be transferred outside New Zealand to that country. Our websites and systems and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries outside New Zealand may not be as comprehensive as the laws of this country.
6. Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law.
We will not be able to provide personal information if:
- we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you, or
- if disclosing the information would involve the unwarranted disclosure of the affairs of another individual.
If you would like to view or update the information we hold about you, please let us know by completing this form and sending to Privacyofficer@farmsidelted.co.nz .We will contact you to verify you are the person to whom the personal information relates to.
You can request correction or amendment of the information held by us at any time. If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to do so, we will make the requested change or correction, otherwise we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to a change or correction request.
7. Internet use
We make every effort to maintain the security of our internet connections; however, for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online products or services will therefore be at your own risk, however we will use our best efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure. We cannot protect any information that you make available to the general public – for example, on message boards or in chat rooms.
- understand what you like and use about our website,
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website,
- provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience,
- enable you to use certain services on our website,
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
8. Your choices and rights
You can choose not to provide your personal information by:
- Turning off Cookies – cookies let us remember your preferences and are usually enabled by default. Most browsers and mobile device settings will allow you to disable them or set limits on how they work by managing settings and opt-outs. See how you can manage cookies when using Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari.
- Turning off location information settings, in Microsoft, Apple devices,
- Unsubscribing from marketing communications – You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications if you do not wish to receive them. You can opt-out from our marketing and survey emails and text messages by selecting “Unsubscribe” link.
- Closing your MyFarmside access – you can request to have your MyFarmside access closed, and we will delete your account login. You will be unable to view or manage your Farmside services online, but your products and services will not change. You can request a MyFarmside login at any time.
Published : 18-01-2024